Monday, September 26, 2011

Stop and Pick the Sunflowers

When I was a very little girl, my little sister and I would beg our Papa to "Stop and let us pick the sunflowers," while we traveled long distances from our isolated desert home to the towns many miles away. Sometimes he actually would. We grew up thinking the sunflowers were the most beautiful flower ever!! We also grew up taking joy in the little things of life, that were so insignificant in the eyes of the world.

Several years later we moved to a farm where there were sunflowers growing all along the ditches. We knew we lived in a magical and wonderful land - an enchanted land. 

When I saw these sunflowers growing near Snowflake, Arizona recently, I was transported back in time to the happy, joyful days of childhood when little things filled my heart with great delight.

No comments: